Our conductive tapes are supplied as standard with conductive adhesive and are available in a range of designs. Our customers can choose from the following materials:
Depending on the customer’s needs, the tapes can be supplied in a range of widths and lengths. Stampings are also possible to order.
Tin-plated copper fleece foils can be supplied with masks. The mask acts as a protective cover for the conductive surface for powder coating applications. Before coating, the strip with the mask is positioned and afterwards the mask is removed with the coating on it. After its removal, there is a conductive connection to the base plate and the plate is also protected against corrosion.
Typical applications of shielding tapes
Foils can be used for a very wide range of applications to suit customers’ needs and installation situations. The principle remains the same, however - fabric foils are more flexible than metal strips but their shielding effect is slightly inferior.
Typical applications for conductive foils include the following:
- Connection of anti-static wall and floor coverings.
- Connection of shielding wall and floor coverings.
- Discharge of static electricity in electronic devices
- Connection of cable shields
- Use as electric earth strips
- Shielding motors, plug connectors, cables and antennae
- Affixing over slots in housings and shielded rooms to preserve the EMC shielding effect
- Temporary closure of housing openings during EMC measurements
- Connection of conductive surface which cannot be soldered (for example aluminium or plastic housings with conductive coatings).
Our shielding tapes are RoHS compliant.