Wires embedded in silicone are a gasket material consisting of fine or wires. The wires are vulcanized into solid, foamed or soft silicone.
Embedded wires in silicone provide excellent protection against splash water and dust in addition to EMI/RFI shielding. A version with fluorosilicone is recommended if the gasket comes into contact with aggressive fluids such as hydraulic oil, kerosene, etc.
The seal is characterized by high mechanical strength and elasticity.
- Available as sheet material, die-cut gasket or strip material
- In solid or foamed silicone
- Best contacting of the gasket with other metal surfaces
- High mechanical strength and elasticity
- Excellent dust and splash water protection ( 65)
- Use of fluor silicone possible (if contact with aggressive fluids)
More details about conductive elastomers.